cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

Arko66
Protege

...Got to watch the fifth installment of The Purge series last night (The Forever Purge). A tad disappointing as if someone had told the producers to hold back on the blood and gore for this release. In fact I would go as far to say this is the worst of the whole series. Very timid compared to The Purge (1) or The Purge: Election Year (3). It is also being said that the producer Jason Blum is currently working again with the Purge writer James DeMonaco on the 6th installment which has yet to be given a title. ....Cant wait! Lets hope it is better than the one I watched last night. 01-frp-dm-mobile-banner-1080x745-rr-f01-051221-609f45a28c5d9-1 (1).jpg

Thanks, I saw the first 3 Purge 4k/uhd movies in the bargain bin at my local store, but IMDB ratings are so poor I didn't pick them up. Maybe I should reconsider... 🙂

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Went to the theater with my 13 year old son this evening, and we saw:

Not a bad movie, but not sure I'd rate it higher than 7/10. Also not sure it looked better in the theater than using the Sony 85" at home, but nice to be able to go out after the Covid19 lockdown. The sound was much better than what I can do at home though, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

...I say that with any franchise, you cant beat the first one !....It made me think about how crazy that would actually be if the Forfathers were  a real political group. I'm not saying anything negative against the American people but that is the sort of thing Trump would have loved to endorse! Hhahahahaha. 🤣

A Quiet Place was a great movie. The sequel was a bit of a let down in comparison and I found the ending quite strange.. The best part of the first one was where the mother was creeping down the stairs to the basement trying not to make the floorboards creak and then suddenly there was a shot of a rusty nail sticking up through one of the boards. ....Then..... yep!...she trod on it! As she tried desperately not to scream I felt myself screaming for her so she wouldn't get found by the sound-attracted monster-thingies!. Bless her. That Emily Blunt is very hot. I would have loved to bandage her feet for her! 😍

I knew something was totally wrong with the torture scene in the Spectre movie, lol:

When aiming for the fusiform gyrus the needle is completely misplaced - also the needle has a very small diameter, not sure the damage would be great even if it was placed correctly - the fusiform gyrus (green area on the below image) is quite big, there is one in each hemisphere, and that needle is very small:

RuneSR2_0-1626865209251.jpeg

Thus you have to affect quite a large brain region. 

Really hard to understand how the movie makers could make such a profound mistake. It was even published in Nature that the Bond villain failed the neuro-anatomy exam!

RuneSR2_1-1626865415539.png

Unavngivet.JPG

But did the movie makers make this error on purpose to show that the villain Blofeld is an idiot? 

RuneSR2_2-1626865542740.png

I do doubt the latter 😉 

🤣😂🤣😂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I guess this is like IQ 25 vs IQ 35 🤣 

- but I couldn't help it, and my 9 year old son wanted to see it - so got it:

godzilla-vs-kong_530192.jpg

Maybe no need to say that if French existentialism is your thing, this might not be your first choice in movies - but the lackluster or missing story aside, if you want to see a large city demolished, then this movie might the best ever 😈 

Watching it on the Sony 85" with HDR and awesome colors, this is probably the best monster movie I've seen so far. Maybe not ... 8/10... But 7.5/10 is an ok rating with me 😎

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Btw, can't have people thinking I only watch Kong movies - also just ordered this movie:

gandhi.jpg

I'm not that fond of paying the full price for old movies, but this one is special - 8.0 on IMDB, 8 Oscars - and the 4K version should be perfection:

"For its 2160p/HDR UHD release of Gandhi, Sony has split the film across two discs. Disc one runs 1:32:00 while disc two runs 1:39:14. One might rightly describe both Gandhi the man and Gandhi the UHD with the same adjectives: wondrous, impeccable, flawless. Sony's 2160p/HDR UHD presentation of the Oscar-winning classic looks better than most movies made in the past few years. The picture is perfectly filmic. Grain is fine and ever-present, a consistent companion and necessary component in the image that allows it to maintain a picture-perfect cinematic texturing that only enhances the remarkable clarity and fine-point attention to detail evident in essentially every shot. The picture is jaw-dropping gorgeous in all areas, but particularly in its total sharpness. Textures appear effortlessly complex and in-depth. It goes well beyond the Blu-ray which does not look at all poor but the UHD manages to bring out a sizable increase in both intimate and intricate details and also allow the broader elements to come alive with newfound definition and vitality. Whether basics like facial details or attire or natural landscapes or city elements, every shot dazzles with both the clarity of core components and the supportive details around. Everything is breathtakingly true to the source. This is a prestigious presentation."

Source: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gandhi-4K-Blu-ray/266982/

It's probably 30 years since I saw the movie the last time, not sure I remember it well, lol - might not be a bad idea with a memory update... 😎

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

The new Matrix trailer is out, and it is glorious.