cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Vaneianu
Honored Guest
I watch now Castle series. before it I watched Bones
“Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.” - Mark Twain
if you need some help with college homework and you are tired to write it by yourself, don't hesitate to check writingcheap 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vaneianu said:

I watch now Castle series. before it I watched Bones

Welcome to the forums!

I loved both of those series. B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just started watching Bosch on Amazon Prime Video. Pretty good so far. Serial killers are awesome, I'm gonna be one when I grow up lol

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

CrashFu said:

Zenbane said:

Everyone in this thread needs to start watching Love Death and Robots on Netflix. OMG

I describe it as, "This is like Black Mirror meets Heavy Metal (the classic 1981 film). Absolutely brilliant!"

One of the best things about that series:

There's an episode titled "Beyond the Aquila Rift", and I strongly suspect that title is no coincidence.  I won't dare spoil it, but watch and you'll see why.

Oh, bit of warning:  Some episodes contain very graphic violence, graphic nudity / sex, and harsh subject matter.   They're all completely different and unrelated from each other though (besides some loose recurring themes), and some are far "safer" than others. (2 and 4, for instance)

Edit:  Okay apparently "episode numbers" are meaningless for this show, because Netflix presents them in randomized order for each viewer???   Because that's not completely insane and confusing at all.

Also I've now finished the entire series and holy shit most of these were awesome.  "Blindspot" was my fuckin' JAM and I want it to be a whole thing as much as I do "Suits".   Secret War was also pretty rad.  I may have cried a little at the end of Lucky Thirteen.  (over an inanimate object, no less). 

Came here to write that yesterday I saw something extraordinarily mind-disturbing, namely Beyond the Aquila Rift ❤️  - simply awesome. And now I can see you already mentioned that episode  😄

Suits was awesome too - and Three Robots. Still need to see 5-6 episodes, but according to IMBD Aquily Rift is the best, so I won't put hope for anything better 😉

This is the best show I've seen in years, if ever. It's beautiful-horrible-sexy, everything the title promised  B)

mnb6ai5yp2nb.jpg
142ph9vhud98.jpg
ony0rmasem1s.jpg
rm6md9cj1a2z.jpeg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

CrashFu
Consultant
Having now seen ALL of LD+R,  I also have to give a shout-out to the episode titled BLINDSPOT.  I'd describe it as either "An extended intro cutscene for an old playstation 2 era game that never existed"  or "Like if someone asked Asaph Fipke to make a CGI cartoon for (immature) adults."
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Anonymous
Not applicable
And I have it on great authority that the woman in Aquila Rift was 100% modelled to perfectly resemble our very own @vannagirl...

...which means we've ALL seen her lady bumps  ❤️  😄

Epona0000
Protege
I liked the werewolf episode the best.. then the one with the talking cats.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Have been discussing this show in another thread - maybe better to show the trailer in this thread. I'm getting ready for episode 5 tomorrow (season 1 has 8 episodes). At first the show did seem to have a very limited budget (staying out of the city center, some episodes with few actors involved), but after some episodes I think the producers have managed just fine. It's 6.6 on IMDB, maybe it's not for everyone, but I'm enjoying it right now:

https://youtu.be/tQA1omPJN24

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant
This is a scene from the latest episode of the Orville. Hilarious choice of music for a battle but totally appropriate for the episode. I was laughing my arse off. 

https://vimeo.com/330185143

kojack
MVP
MVP
That does work well. 🙂

Also used for fight music in Deadpool 2:

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2