cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I completed the final season of Jessica Jones. It was quite good. Although the first season is probably still the best.

I can't wait for Stranger Things Season 3!! OMFG

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

I completed the final season of Jessica Jones. It was quite good. Although the first season is probably still the best.

Yup one of my favs. Also just finished Znation which was shockingly bad it made it good lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

Zenbane said:

Yup one of my favs. Also just finished Znation which was shockingly bad it made it good lol

Have you watched Black Summer? Same zombie world as ZNation, but significantly better. I loved it.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yes that was a fan made one, loved that, low budget but bloody awesome.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I'm still watching Dark (German TV show), it's truly awesome. Just one major problem - no one in their right mind would leave such a gigantic and potentially dangerous cave open so that everyone (including kids) can enter, right? Maybe much more believable if someone had found a secret entrance to the cave - I'll write to the producers and help them ASAP o:)
But yeah, the time travelling parts are totally believable, I'm only worried about the open cave :blush: 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Netflix or Prime ? I watched a Dutch one recently about something nasty in the rain, that was quite good and worth a watch.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ahhh found it on Netflix, watching now 😉

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
There's a new king  😮  

4ke8ker3mpu1.jpg

It's awesome - normally I'm not much into the Russian stuff (but I do like Red Matter), but this show kept me up to 1 AM last night, still need to see the last 2 episodes:

https://youtu.be/s9APLXM9Ei8

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I finished Stranger Things 3 yesterday. I had decided to re-watch the entire series from the beginning. Loved it!

I even watched a few episodes inside my Oculus GO while in bed. This is definitely one of my most favorite series of all time.

shanewill
Honored Guest
I waited for Game of Thrones for so long but the finale was not as expected. I recently watched Chernobyl here and it was damn awesome. A must watch series you need to watch.