cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

The Dark Crystal is great so far (2 episodes in).
Although... so far it seems they changed the story. Maybe later episodes will resolve the conflicting stories.

It looks amazing though. The gelfling puppets are a little rubbery, but they are real puppets, which is awesome.

I think the new episodes take place before the movie?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kojack
MVP
MVP
Yep, it's a prequel. But:
The movie said the Skeksis were created when the urSkeks broke the crystal and were split into urRu and Skeksis. The series says Skeksis came from another planet and found the crystal.

Maybe it's all going to be explained (don't want to know, I'll watch it soon), it just stood out to me. Or since the law above is in-world, maybe it's a lie.

Although, I don't like prequels. We kind of already know too much of how things will turn out.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Finally finished Mindhunter season 2, awesome show. Especially Cameron Britton impressed me, delivering a (close to) Oscar worthy performance - this dude:

a987juxfjfbz.jpg

Maybe hard to recognize - he played Edmund Kemper:

1a55noo5ua6f.jpg

Here's the real Kemper to the left:
x4lfyiko8v62.jpg

And size of the real Kemper - Cameron Britton did an impressive job playing Kemper:

3ejgj3somcoh.jpg
aibwz4em3tfl.jpg

Really hope there'll be a season 3, but rumors indicate that won't happen before 2021... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to have to get around to watching the second series, am watching Scorpion on Netflix at night at the moment but have almost finished watching series 2 so will give that a watch when I've finished it.

I've just started watching Impulse on YouTube, just started watching episode 4 and it's pretty good. I might have to check out the other YouTube Original programmes if this one is anything to go by.

It's about a girl who suddenly starts reporting. If that was me I'd be teleporting straight into @vannagirl's dirty laundry basket  B) 😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Got this show recommended, not bad, even though the first episodes are kinda slow:

https://youtu.be/ZEfnpFuzxnE

Luciferous
Consultant
Yep sinner was good.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Yep sinner was good.

Agreed, after watching the last episode I can't help thinking what are the odds of meeting him on the beach, him not recognizing her sooner, and that song playing. That scene did seem there only for the drama. But a great show nonetheless! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Peaky Blinders, Queen of the South, Mayans MC, Another Life, and Bad Blood to name a few. And I'm waiting for Jack Ryan Season 2, The Man in the High Castle Season 4, The Expanse Season 4, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Techy111 said:

Zenbane said:

I completed the final season of Jessica Jones. It was quite good. Although the first season is probably still the best.

I can't wait for Stranger Things Season 3!! OMFG

Yup one of my favs. Also just finished Znation which was shockingly bad it made it good lol

Have you watched Black Summer? Same zombie world as ZNation, but significantly better. I loved it.

Thanks for mentioning this. I just binged it tonight after reading your post, and it was pretty damn good. Hopefully Netflix doesn't kill it off after just 1 season.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I finished watching I-Land last night and it was great. Only a one series wonder which is unusual these days and only 7 episodes long. B)