cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official "Books Worth Reading" Thread

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I used to be an avid reader, but over time I've found it difficult to commit to the literature being released. I figure I just must be missing out on the good stuff. Use this thread to recommend the "best of the best" that you've encountered.

I've read all but the last "Game of Thrones" (Ice and Fire) books. However, my favorite series of all time is Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. Before that, I read a ton of fantasy and horror books, but none worth really recommending. Probably my favorite Stephen King book is Needful Things.

Any other readers out there?
152 REPLIES 152

Luciferous
Consultant
Wohooooo...although I am reading a liteRPG at the moment, second book of 4

Now do I just pause that and go for it hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cavanna00
Protege
My all-time favorites are:

Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald

These classics just never grow old and I can read them again over and over. I always have the books with me on my Kindle when I'm on the road. Good pastime, when traveling or having waiting time.

This is why I recommend a Kindle to everyone (it is a German article, but can be easily translated with a translation program): https://www.technikhiwi.de/kindle-test/ ;

MilaFernandez
Explorer
" The monk who sold his Ferrari" 
Just a great reading!

Digikid1
Consultant
Hey @Zenbane Have you started that Bobiverse book yet?  Just wondering your opinion of it.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Hey @Zenbane Have you started that Bobiverse book yet?  Just wondering your opinion of it.

Not yet! I was still going through all that Financial/Stock Market stuff. I'm finally on the last chapter though! I should be able to start Bobiverse this week.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Guess who just started the Bobiverse universe tonight???

fspc9g15sd2l.png

I'm barely 15 minutes in, and I love it already.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
On Chapter 2, and wow...

gdm61vw9smoa.gif

Luciferous
Consultant
I just finished book 4. Still very good but I think the trilogy was a good place to end it. 

Digikid1
Consultant
Just finished the audiobook for READY PLAYER 2.  Good listen!!!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I just finished Book 1 of Bobiverse. Absolutely loved it!

This is definitely fulfilling my need for something unique and unpredictable. I was able to get through the entire book without ever once thinking, "oh, this part is just like ______"

In fact, I think that this would make a great VR Game concept. The ability to clone yourself and exist, simultaneously, throughout different environments, worlds, and galaxies.

The closest I've ever come to this sort of concept is with the movie, Identity (John Cusack). Where every possible version of oneself exists simultaneously. But that was all within a person's mind and nowhere near the level of grand complexity and world-building as Bobiverse.

I'm thoroughly impressed. I need to pause for a bit and wrap up a professional book before going on to Book 2 though. This is going to be a week of hefty Audible time investment.