cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Prescription Lenses - Any Recommendations

SimonSays28
Level 9
I am looking for some insight into the VR prescription lenses that I have seen available around the net. Has anyone tried them? Anyone in Canada - is there a local option for this?

My currently glasses fit the rift - but I find them slightly distracting due to the shape (they are rectangle and so they are noticeable in the headset).

I am unsure my prescription as it has been so long since I bought glasses last and gotten my eyes check  - I am terribly short sighted, and cannot see in real life or the rift without them. I am thinking about making them the first accessory purchase for my rift (even over a 3rd sensor).
Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

13 REPLIES 13

SimonSays28
Level 9
That's cool - you never know, I may try them in the future. But at the moment - I can't see it, lol - good to know about the widmo, I am going with the high index as well due to my prescription but I won't be buying them for a few months yet. Just got new real life glasses. lol

Thanks for letting me know Snowdog - I will give that shot in the next little while.
Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

holyraine1
Level 3
does WidmoVR lenses distort the image in any way? i tried ordering a pair fron vr-lens-lab but they gave a barrel distortion effect and absolutley ruined the immersion for me, which was a complete dealbreaker so i dont want to blow a bunch of money on another pair of vr lenses unless if theyre worth it

MPires
Level 5
I use widmovr lens and I'm very pleased.

ComplexTurkey
Level 2

does WidmoVR lenses distort the image in any way? i tried ordering a pair fron vr-lens-lab but they gave a barrel distortion effect and absolutley ruined the immersion for me, which was a complete dealbreaker so i dont want to blow a bunch of money on another pair of vr lenses unless if theyre worth it

I was a big contacts no-no guy, until I tried the Accuvue Moist Dailies with Lacreon, Got them 4 weeks ago, took me about a week to figure out how to put them on properly.

Those lenses are so soft that you cant tell you are wearing them after about 60 seconds after you put them on, and I have the most sensitive eyes in the world...

I often forget I am wearing them now, and they're not too expensive, 3 months supply of 5 days a week is £80

I used to use the rift with widmo vr lenses and adapter, but for me, they added a bit of extra chromatic aberration, the contacts have no distortion.