cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's everyone up to outside of gaming?

Hopefully life is slowly returning to normal for everyone, are you hobbies becoming more social? or maybe finishing off some lock-down projects?

I'm trying to finish off some resto work!

20191009172119_IMG_8699.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

kojack
MVP
MVP

I got a 2D LIDAR, I might make something with it.

That's about it. Work and being tired is all I'm doing.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

That tracks things on a surface right? so what project do you have in mind???

Tape it to Touch controller and have a 3D scan lidar 😄

How big it is? If you could carry it in hand you could  make invisible "light saber" with sound 🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP

It's basically a 2D 360 degree laser distance scanner. They are used in Roombas to scan the room.

But putting one on a motorised rig, I can get a 3D laser scanner similar to this thing:

The LIDAR part is the spinning blue bit on the side.

I mainly just wanted to play with one, they are only around $100 on Aliexpress and look cool. 🙂

The SDK was really good for the one I got too (YDLIDAR X4), I had it running in my C++ game engine within an hour of the package arriving.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Nater6954
Explorer

Just recently graduated high school, got a custom PC fully built and working with a bit of help from my dad, slowly making progress on assembling a Prusa Mini+ 3D printer I got for my 20th birthday (in a sense sticking my toes into the water when it comes to the world of 3D printing, which my dad got me into as well after I became fascinated with watching his much larger 3D printer that’s also a laser engraver and a CNC machine at work), other than that nothing much to report on. I would like to get into PCVR now that I have the Oculus Quest 2 at my disposal, but that’s proving to be difficult due to the Oculus Link desktop software not letting me sign into it with my existing Facebook account, although the installation went off without a hitch.

Phaserlight
Heroic Explorer

SpottiChen
Protege

I spend all my spare time playing games like D4... That makes me happy.

Awalt.August
Retired Support

I personally spend the majority of my time building Gunplas! I recently got myself an RX-78 Full Armor Gundam (Thunderbolt ver.) Ver. Ka. and a bunch of other kits but the Thunderbolt one I am beyond excited to start the most!

I haven't been able to try custom airbrushing but I think I'll treat myself,  come Christmas. :). The Thunderbolt is a behemoth of a model with switchable armor and weapons. So I would love to fully custom paint it and give it the love it deserves!

I've gotten the hang of sanding, panel lining and doing the water slide decals. Surprisingly it's a whole lot easier than a lot of people who build models make it out to be. Definitely sucked at the start of this journey lol. But this is definitely something that I never knew I'd get hooked on and now it's become my favorite little hobby. I would have never tried it if my friend didn't buy me one years ago!

Always be willing to try new things, I suppose lol!

I used to spend all my spare time as a youngster doing Airfix kits and just recently started buying vintage kits again and plan to relive my youth at some point!

Being of the older generation, I had to Google Gundam 🤔 😊