cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Plays Fortnite?

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Excuse me for mentioning pancake, but I just came across this - probably well known (I don't cos I don't like this kind of tripe) but for your interest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46624136

Draw your own conclusions

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
7 REPLIES 7

Children.

By the way, what the hell is pancake?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Children.

Flat games, like a pancake.

Flat games are for peasants as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't play Fortnite or any other flat game because it isn't a VR game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not a child and I do play Fortnite. Or at least I used to, but it has way too many updates and I have a very slow network, I don't update it anymore so I can't play it anymore.
A very polished game for what it's worth (0€...). Epic Games is behind this game, that's the people who made Robo Recall if I remember correctly. Good people.

As for that news... I'm always skeptical about things like this. It's just like hackers being behind the Momo Challenge: hard to say if it's true or if it's just clickbait.

maikhorma
Explorer
"Fortnite teen hackers 'earning thousands of pounds a week'" Genius! That's what I've been doing! They say i'm sitting on my butt playing video games but i'm "earning pounds"!!!

Digikid1
Consultant

Children.

It's a really stupid term for gaming on a monitor rather than a VR headset.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
"Flat as a pancake" - not stupid, but a well used phrase - and very apt in the case of 2D games 😉

Besides, with all the crap terminology and shite English I've seen on the internet I came to the reluctant conclusion that it doesn't matter how something is expressed, the point of words is to communicate, so as long as the meaning is understood, who gives?

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Napagady
Protege
Who plays Fortnite? Pretty much everyone in 2018! 
Things have changed tho with the release of Apex Legends.
But I think there's enough room on the market for both of these digital beauties.
Source