cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Oculus doesn't have shipment to Israel?

Hexamoone
Level 2
I am an Israeli citizen and I wanted a quest/rift s since the release date, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who wants a quest or a rift s in Israel. Oculus, if you see this, add the option to ship to Israel please. WE ARE A COUNTRY!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes80085
Level 2
On amazon it cost 750$ to isreal instad of 399$ this is insane

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Digikid1
Level 12
You will have to ask Oculus.

support.oculus.com


kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Unfortunately there's a lot of places that miss out. There are 197 countries in the world, Oculus ships to 23 of them.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

wuzp
Level 8

kojack said:

Unfortunately there's a lot of places that miss out. There are 197 countries in the world, Oculus ships to 23 of them.


Having spent much of my life designing "weapons of mass destruction," I feel qualified to address the question.  Oculus and other consumer products fall into the category of "dual use technology."  One person's gaming system is another person's heads-up guidance display.  I can assure you that everyone who directly orders an Oculus product, at a minimum has their ordering and shipping info matched and submitted against several "lists."  And for those whose shipments are going outside the U.S., Oculus is obligated to obtain an export license on your behalf.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yep. Also the fact that every Oculus headset includes wireless hardware means potential approval by regulatory bodies in each region.

I once bought a Beagleboard. It's an ARM Cortex A8 based mini computer board by Texas Instruments. It was basically the original ancestor of the Raspberry Pi, a little circuit board prototyping computer. But they has insane restrictions on shipping, even to Australia. I had to sign a document from the Department Of Energy that I wasn't working with a list of companies or countries with terrorist ties.
The reason they went crazy on that product was because it's firmware included some encryption algorithm which was under export restriction.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

wuzp
Level 8

kojack said:

Yep. Also the fact that every Oculus headset includes wireless hardware means potential approval by regulatory bodies in each region.


Good catch.  The 5ghz WiFi band channels are different among US and European/Asian countries.  And we may NEVER see an Oculus with WiFi 6 because it uses an entirely new frequency band.

Romlevy32
Level 2

Hexamoone said:

I am an Israeli citizen and I wanted a quest/rift s since the release date, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who wants a quest or a rift s in Israel. Oculus, if you see this, add the option to ship to Israel please. WE ARE A COUNTRY!


I have to add that in israel, if I want to buy an oculus quest it cost around 1500$ and its insane!!!

wuzp
Level 8

Romlevy32 said:
I have to add that in israel, if I want to buy an oculus quest it cost around 1500$ and its insane!!!


Since Israel is not on the official list of countries Oculus is permitted to ship to; you are effectively paying gray market prices.

Yes80085
Level 2
On amazon it cost 750$ to isreal instad of 399$ this is insane

View solution in original post

Hexamoone
Level 2


On amazon it cost 750$ to isreal instad of 399$ this is insane


ik, but lbh, nobody is paying those prices....