cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Oculus doesn't have shipment to Israel?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am an Israeli citizen and I wanted a quest/rift s since the release date, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who wants a quest or a rift s in Israel. Oculus, if you see this, add the option to ship to Israel please. WE ARE A COUNTRY!
19 REPLIES 19

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Hexamoone said:

On amazon it cost 750$ to isreal instad of 399$ this is insane

ik, but lbh, nobody is paying those prices....

You might be surprised. Back in April I paid $799 for my Quest, because the only ones who had Quests in stock were the scalpers, and even they were running out. I don't regret buying my Quest, although I do regret not being patient enough to get one for actual market price. On the other hand, because I was willing to pay so much more then the market price, I was enjoying my Quest for 2 months before they finally were back in stock.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought the rift s, but amazon takes 200$ just for shipping to here! (Israel)
so I paid 600$ (something like 1800 israeli shekels, instead of 400$ (1300 shekels)
it was a few months ago, but this is the cheapest headset you can get. please ship to israel.

wuzp
Rising Star

so I paid 600$ (something like 1800 israeli shekels, instead of 400$ (1300 shekels)
it was a few months ago, but this is the cheapest headset you can get. please ship to israel.

It's not that they don't want to... it's that they are not allowed to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

wuzp said:

It's not that they don't want to... it's that they are not allowed to. 

what do you mean? not allowed? why?

wuzp
Rising Star
The Oculus headset is a "dual use technology."  Just as easily as you can play games with it; you can also use it for military applications.  Case in point... this week is the 3rd year of the DARPA Alpha Dogfight Trial.  On Thursday, Aug 20th (13:30 EDT), a human F-16 pilot will engage an AI pilot in VR.  I saw a walk-through of the cockpit the human will use (today) and it features a RIFT S.  Oculus is only approved to ship to certain countries, by the US State Department; because of export control restrictions.  The "logic" is that if DARPA can adopt a RIFT S to fly an F-16 (real or virtual), so can the Sayeret Matkal.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Another potential problem is due to the use of wifi and bluetooth in the headsets, countries may require their own certification. Israel does have a Mutual Recognition Agreement with the FCC in america, but I don't know much about how that works. But it can affect other countries that don't have the MRA.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

wuzp
Rising Star

On amazon it cost 750$ to isreal instad of 399$ this is insane

Unless it says "Sold by and Fulfilled by Amazon," it's a 3rd party vendor.

TheGreenYoutube
Protege

Comment removed by mod.
Please make yourself aware of the forum rules, thanks.

gilvaiser10
Honored Guest

i want to get the oculus quest 2 for simracing but i can't because were not listed

nerfworld9
Honored Guest

i have a solution for buying an oculus or any accessories from oculus. DONT and when i say dont i mean DONT buy stuff from oculus direct. because its over priced and because it can some times not ship to israel. and I LIVE IN ISRAEL! so my solution is... to buy from not amazon AND NOT ANY other country besides you own country like KSP or zap or bug or Kravitz or any of some shops like that it worked VERY well  for me let me know what you did for your solution.