cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW is broken with OpenXR

perneky.laszlo
Level 3

Hello,

I am working on our game to include VR support using OpenXR. Everything is set up and working fine, and now I'd like to add support for ASW. I use the XR_KHR_composition_layer_depth extension, and provide the depth buffer in the XrCompositionLayerDepthInfoKHR structure as the next parameter of the XrCompositionLayerProjectionView for the runtime as in the docs. I am using D3D11, my depth swap chain is in DXGI_FORMAT_D32_FLOAT format, and I use reversed depth.

As the result, all I can see is blocks, all around the screen. I can't post shots for legal reasions, but I have managed to reproduce this with one of the Microsoft sample applications for OpenXR: OpenXR-MixedReality/samples/BasicXrApp at main · microsoft/OpenXR-MixedReality · GitHub

Here I get the following result which practically producing the same artifacts as in our game:

asw_bug_on.png

Interestingly here it only affects the left eye, but in our game it is present for both eyes.

If I disable ASW in the mirror app, then it is all good:

asw_bug_off.png

Is there a known issue about this, or am I (and the Microsoft sample) doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Laci

2 REPLIES 2

perneky.laszlo
Level 3

Have anyone seen something like this?

perneky.laszlo
Level 3

Can someone from Oculus react to this please?