cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grip button no longer works with v46

The grip button no longers work for my OpenXR based app with the v46 update.

37 REPLIES 37

koujaku
Protege

I'm also encountering this on Quest 2 when running natively on the headset. System version reports 46.0.0.226.0.406523266.

Quest 2 + Link / PC for the same app works fine however, with Oculus App Version of 46.0.0.230.0

spyzor
Explorer

Hey,
I was looking for someone else with the issue. I use Unreal 4.27.2 to develop a game and the grip doesn't register anymore even in older builds where I'm sure it was working before. The controllers works fine in Oculus Home though.

My Quest 2 firmware is at 46.0.0.226.0

Can confirm the same results, grip button (squeeze value suggested binding for touch controller profile) only works on Oculus PC OpenXR runtime, just not on Quest with v46 firmware.

jumbli
Heroic Explorer

I've raised a support ticket with Oculus and directed them to this thread for more information.

What is going on with this, it's been 3 weeks, I sent a dev support ticket, it affects Quest Pro users as well. This is a pretty bad bug and makes my app unusable for many.

jenszier
Honored Guest

Can also confirm for Quest Pro. Pretty much unbelievable to break an important function like this and not fixing it for weeks...

jumbli
Heroic Explorer

They recently closed my support ticket because they said I hadn't responded after they told me they would get back to me when they had progress to report. I'll open a new ticket to try again. 

ClonedPuppy
Explorer

How can this not be fixed yet, after 4 weeks... smh.

VoodooUomo
Oculus Staff

Hey folks, very sorry about this. We're looking into it now and I will keep you posted.