cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Oculus clients logged in at once

SiggiG
Level 4
Hey,

Our QA department pointed this one out to me. You can currently log in the same Oculus account on multiple machines, is this intended or unfinished functionality?

It would certainly make the online presence (ie what you are playing) interesting if you can have multiple VR sessions going on the same account at once.

Valkyrie handles this fine btw, it will log out the first client when you start the second instance of the game.
CCP Games, EVE: Valkyrie developer | @SiggiGG
6 REPLIES 6

simon_green
Level 2
Hi Siggi,

Thanks for pointing this out. We are aware of the problem and should have a solution post-launch.

Good to know that Valkyrie handles this!

Cheers,

Simon.

vferguson
Level 5
Hi Simon,

Just following up on this very old thread since our QC has flagged this too. Is logging into the same Oculus account simultaneously on multiple machines still something that you plan to handle on the Oculus side?

Thanks,
Vicki

cybereality
Level 15
Good question. Let me check with the team.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Level 15
OK, so we don't currently handle this case within the runtime. If you are working on an online multiplayer game, it is something you can check for with the Platform SDK and code your own handling for the situation. We do plan to fix it sometime in the future, but we don't have a solid time frame for that feature. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vferguson
Level 5
We are working on an online multiplayer game, but we don't use Oculus Rooms, so I don't think we can use the Platform SDK for this.  We'll figure something else out on our side.  Thanks for checking!

peep_sanzaru
Level 3

[...] it is something you can check for with the Platform SDK [...]
What's the call in the platform SDK to check this?