cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Oculus Financial Support and newer touch controllers

solidsnake4444
Honored Guest
If this is not the place to ask, feel free to let me know and close the topic. I have two questions:

1. I heard in the news of oculus financially helping some studios with their games in exchange for timed exclusivity. Is this still a possible avenue or now that touch is almost here we are on our own? I'm getting close to having something presentable but it would be a lot better with more and higher quality game art/models, which are way out of my price range as a single developer. I also plan to have multiplayer in my game and I've never made a networked game before, only single player, so I may need help on that. Assuming oculus couldn't help with that specifically so I would have to hire someone. If this still is an option, who do I contact when I'm ready to talk about this option?

2. I have touch engineering sample CO6AI. Am I able to request the later versions of the touch controller? Am I able to request another Rift headset and touch controller to be able to test the multiplayer functionality? I basically just need one more headset and touch set to be able to test multiplayer, but I would be interested in a later engineering sample if it fixes the left touch floating issue I have. The left touch shakes in game slightly while the right is solid.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

solidsnake4444
Honored Guest
Just thought of a third.

3. When the touch controllers are officially released, are developers going to get the final version or do we have to purchase them?

Thanks.

cybereality
Grand Champion
These would be good questions to ask your Oculus developer relations contact via email. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV