cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime 1.2 Sound device question

guygodin
Level 4
Still waiting on hardware so I have no way of knowing if the way the audio driver works will correctly send regular Windows sounds to the headset? Can someone tell me if sounds played in Windows (music for example) will play in the Rift?

Thank you.
Virtual Desktop Developer
4 REPLIES 4

SiggiG
Level 4
"guygodin" wrote:
Still waiting on hardware so I have no way of knowing if the way the audio driver works will correctly send regular Windows sounds to the headset? Can someone tell me if sounds played in Windows (music for example) will play in the Rift?

It won't unless the application explicitly select the Rift audio device.
CCP Games, EVE: Valkyrie developer | @SiggiGG

guygodin
Level 4
Once you select it though, do you get sound from your game only or does it route all sounds to the Rift?

Thank you so much for helping out with this!!

cybereality
Level 15
I think it's only sounds from supported VR games.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

guygodin
Level 4
"cybereality" wrote:
I think it's only sounds from supported VR games.

Is there a way to enable the old behavior? This is totally breaking my app. Unless I find a way to capture all sounds and pipe it to the Oculus sound device. Not something I'll have time to do before launch and considering I don't have any way to test it I'm left dead in the water....