cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass VRC TestLaunchIntoVR

void_main
Level 3
When I used VRC toolto test the TestLaunchIntoVR for the app, I got the error "The application took too long to submit the first frame". The reference link page said that 
If your app takes longer than 4 seconds to launch, you must provide a head-tracked loading indicator. Head-tracked means the UI elements must remain stationary in space when the user turns their head. Do not lock any logos or progress indicators to the user’s face.

For my app, there is no UI element or other game object locking to the user's face at the first 15 secs, but the app can't pass the test. Can someone give an example for this to help me to understand it better? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

alejandro_marcu
Level 3
What's the status for this?
I'm running into the same issue, so I tried doing the simplest app possible (just put a cube and configure to be VR), and it still doesn't pass the test.  

ahgames
Level 2
Hi, I am also interested on the status. Having the same issue. 
Oculus App and OculusVRCValidator version 1.23.0.

leon_moctezuma
Level 3
Same issue here

leon_moctezuma
Level 3
I created a basic scene without anything and I created a build with it. It takes 6.633232 seconds to send the first frame... is it even possible to achieve it with Unity?

leon_moctezuma
Level 3
nw6qxcpb95iz.png

I previously tested in a production project with Unity 5.5.5

The image belong to an empty project with the latest Unity 2017.3.1p1 and the time improved significantly it went 2 seconds but it still fails with the VRC Validator version 1.23.0.0

There is no way that someone developing with Unity will pass ever the current test.

johnluxford
Level 2
I believe we're experiencing the same thing, using both Unity 2017.2.0p4 and 2017.3.1p1. I've turned everything off in our loader and it's still taking 4.6-5.5 seconds.

leon_moctezuma
Level 3
hz4ltb3yue9s.png
Ok, support from Unity contacted me and gave me the solution, in Unity Pro you can totally disable the splash screen.

johnluxford
Level 2
Even with Unity Pro and Show Splash Screen disabled, Unity shows an app splash image before loading our loading scene for 4-5 seconds. That time didn't really go down when we stripped our loading scene down to almost nothing.

DiscoRocket
Level 5
To be clear though, will actual store submissions encounter this issue?