cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus still not working

malospam
Honored Guest
I have had the second version of the Oculus since it was made available to beta testers and still can't get it to work. Is there alot of people still having this problem? I live in the Tampa, FL area and I am willing to pay for someone to come help me set it up. Maybe 50$/hr or so if you know what you are doing. Please PM if you can help. As for others here, can anyone post their work arounds that got their oculus working that was not in the instructions given by oculus? Thanks.

Visit my Unreal and Unity Blog! http://malospam.blogspot.com/
4 REPLIES 4

WG1
Explorer
My workaround is:

In OculusConfigTool:
First, update firmware.
Use extended mode only, turn off legacy.

Unscrew the native portrait display by adjusting "Screen Display" in windows and for Nvidia, (Nvidia Control Panel) to make the DK2 display landscape, then Flip so it's not backwards.

With Geforce 780 SLI, driver ver 340.52 it works fine.

Again, in OculusConfigTool, in User, add (+) create a new profile.
In "Advanced" run "measurement.
Then go back to "Show Demo Scene".
If this works, then only problems you'll have is with the demo applications still in development process.

blanes
Rising Star
This is a "just in case" tip .... if you have Zonealarm ( any version ) by Checkpoint software installed then totally & completely Uninstall it right away.

I spent 2 days going bonkers trying to figure out what was wrong ~ I had disabled it but left it installed ~ finally I uninstalled and ran a registry cleaner and Bingo! dk2 works 100% no problems.

There are apparently other virus/spyware/firewall combos that cause the same problem.

malospam
Honored Guest
Thanks for the info WG1. Hey blanes, which registry cleaner did you use?

kojack
MVP
MVP
"blanes" wrote:
This is a "just in case" tip .... if you have Zonealarm ( any version ) by Checkpoint software installed then totally & completely Uninstall it right away.

I spent 2 days going bonkers trying to figure out what was wrong ~ I had disabled it but left it installed ~ finally I uninstalled and ran a registry cleaner and Bingo! dk2 works 100% no problems.

There are apparently other virus/spyware/firewall combos that cause the same problem.

That's a good point.
The current Oculus sdk talks to the Oculus service (which does a lot of the secret stuff like direct mode) via a network connection. Even though it's a local connection, some firewalls may block it.