cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyrim Oculus mod.

TheArcheaon
Honored Guest
Ok so there's an app where it looks just like the oculus but when you're inside of skyrim. (WHICH IS A FANTASTIC APP).
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/360-tour-for-skyrim/id565988817?mt=8

However, we don't have a mod for the oculus rift yet? Could someone possibly start making one like this?

I just wanted to point this out for people to experience what skyrim will be like with the Oculus in the near future.
18 REPLIES 18

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
"TheArcheaon" wrote:
However, we don't have a mod for the oculus rift yet?

You can use Skyrim with the TriDef or Vireio drivers, but there are many graphical problems. Reflections, shadows, and skyboxes don't always render in stereo correctly. You can eliminate or reduce some of these artifacts by tweaking the configuration files. Also, setting up the IPD and other parameters is a bit of a chore.

I wouldn't count on native support for Skyrim from Bethesda. They said a while back that they're done with the game, and retrofitting it to support stereo rendering would require a ton of work. Not only would the graphics engine need to be heavily modified, but also Skyrim's user interface.

Dustfall
Honored Guest
In regards to the user interface on Skyrim, could it not be made to appear as an, unshadowed, unreflective object in game, or am I missing something painfully obvious?

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Most of the interface can be modified, including the journal, inventory menus, and I believe also the HUD iirc. They're all just Flash (AS2) code. I don't know if other GUI features, such as interaction dialogs, can also be modified.

TheGiantRobot
Honored Guest
You can "make" it work.

I spent a few hours in skyrim VR using Tridef. It was fun, but ultimately it becomes a bit of a chore and you find yourself switching back to your monitor for basically anything other than "looking around".

That being said, I was using an add-on that gave me a random start location. My fresh, made for VR character, started off immediately in a Dwemer dungeon. The sense of "being there" definitely was accomplished, and frankly, was a bit scary. :mrgreen:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like we have no other choice than to wait for a VR native Elder Scrolls VI....

Frito
Explorer

Shame the mod is dead....

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Frito" wrote:
Shame the mod is dead....

Yeah too bad ! (especially as my character is a huntress)
let's dream Bethesda will take a look at the STEM system for the next Elder Scrolls (if ever a Rift version is confirmed)

snapdata
Honored Guest
Here's a HUD fix for Skyrim:

http://riftmod.com/how-to-skyrim-and-oculus-rift-with-a-fixed-hud/

It's a step towards making it playable with a third party driver.

tivo444
Honored Guest
"snapdata" wrote:
Here's a HUD fix for Skyrim:

http://riftmod.com/how-to-skyrim-and-oculus-rift-with-a-fixed-hud/

It's a step towards making it playable with a third party driver.

Thank you so much. I've been looking for that mod for a long time. I just forgot the name of it,