cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity / Rift S ... Tracking Not Working...

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
Has anyone else had trouble recently getting Unity 2019.3.6F1 applications to play nicely with Rift S? I've been creating Unity apps now for quite a while, and only recently have I gone back and been trying to write an app for the Rift S again - which means I'm not sure which component is causing the problem or when  it started.

The problem is that when I press play in the editor, the Oculus software opens (correctly on the PC) and the Rift displays the camera view, in stereo. BUT - the tracking is not working at ALL, either rotational OR positional. No errors are displayed in the debug console or in the Oculus software.

I've tried:
* Going back to the old "XR Settings" VR system (depricated) instead of the new XR Plugin system
* Tried all 3 project types "Standard 3D", "HDRP" and "URP"
* Going back to the previous Unity version
* Not upgrading the OVR Utilities (within the Integration suite from the Asset Store) when prompted
* Going to the PTC to see if it was a known recent bug that might be fixed in the next release

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a workaround? Any suggestions on what to try next?
1 REPLY 1

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
... also: the objects in my app are moving... both in the editor game window AND the headset view, so I know the app isn't crashed and the Rift S is receiving the updated frames... it just seems that the rotational and positional tracking information seems to be getting lost somewhere between the OVRCameraRig and the Rift S itself.