cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats my next video card?

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
Ok. Christmas is over, and I got my Quest (to add to my DK1, CV1, GO, Gear VR, Rift, Rift S). My GTX 1070 has served me very well, but I think I'll start looking at upgrading my graphics card next, and I was looking to get a few of you experts to give me some suggestions - I haven't been keeping up on hardware. My use case: I'm a Unity VR hobby programmer who loves Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky type VR experiences. Looking to purchase around April 2020 time frame. As a hobby VR programmer, I am interested playing with new hardware raytracing features, so I'll probably want an RTX card... or do you think its just a passing fad? I saw a lot of hype when it first became available, but are there any mainstream games that use it? Also, is VRSS a big deal? It seems to me, that until eye tracking is widely available, technologies that render the center of the view better than the peripheral areas would be slightly noticeable/annoying - not being centered where your eye is actually looking. I'm hoping to stay in the $200-$400 price range. Any suggestions?
0 REPLIES 0