PCVR Development
Share PCVR development feedback, issues, and challenges here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

FPS Revolution Controller

Hi all. Just wanted to advise of a new product I hope to be ramping into beta-production soon, something I call the FPS Revolution. If anyone has seen the Delta Six controller, it is similar, although I found it after coming up with my idea.While jus...

PLY 3D model data to Oculus pipeline?

Hi all,Sorry if this is a total noob question, but anyone know the easiest way to get make a PLY file viewable with the ouclus? Is there existing software that will do this or does it require a pipeline to import it into Unity or something? I wanted ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

vrhtml.js - Easily view HTML DOM on the Rift

Hi there,Here is a simple javascript library and example file to view HTML on the Rift.If you want to try it, just get it from github at: https://github.com/topherzee/vrhtml* copy the vrhtml-example1.html file.* edit it and change the contents of the...

topherzee by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ps_2_0 barrel warp shader

In case anybody wants the D3D9 version of the shader from the OculusRoomTiny demo, here it is (tested, compiled, and ran under the "ps_2_0" target for shader model 2). It's functionally no different from the DirectX 10 one, but this one will work wit...

tlopes by Honored Guest
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Heptic Virtual Tablet concept (as a SDK API ? )

The idea requires to first add Augmented Reality to the Oculus Rift, which should really be done because it adds a whole new dimension to Virtual Reality (literally) on top of allowing to track your arms and hands.From there it becomes cheap and easy...

HiThere_ by Superstar
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's Oculus' plan for standard input?

I've read that the folks at Oculus are saying that sitting games will be the primary focus at first. I appreciate that they want to prioritize keeping things highly accessible. So I'm wondering what the most accessible input standard will be. Obvious...

DarkBASIC - Oculus Rift integration

Heya rifters,After a few stabs and tinkerings on the ol programming bench. I've managed to create a little plugin that would enable anyone with DarkBASIC to integrate OR into their existing project. The files together with the demo source is included...

faizalski by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VR Gloves (my project)

Hey everyone,I know I've had my vr glove project under my projects for a while, but recently I've been having more free time and actually got started working on it the last week or so. The idea is to use accelerometers, gyros, flex/bend sensors, pote...

Necessary Enhanced Abilities for Virtual Reality

I want to share a few ideas I had about the best way to handle communication, locomotion, and interaction in VR. The concepts are simple, and most are obvious, but I thought it was worth sharing. Some of these are universal and should probably be ado...

Tbone by Protege
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Rift OS

Hey forum,It is my intention to persuade, influence and inspire you guys to think, imagine and discuss the possibility of an on board 'Oculus Rift' operating system. Graphical User Interface Design of Oculus OS;-mirror game consoles? menu based, very...

cubytes by Protege
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Differences between PrioVR and Stem?

Now that both of these products have had successful kickstarter campaigns I wonder if someone might help me understand what differences there are between the two systems in terms of performance and quality of trackng?Is magnetic tracking much more pr...

Netherion by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full-Body Force-Feedback Simulator

Hi everyone, I would like to introduce our project as we are getting ready to publish more information about it and thought the best place to share it before we go live would be here and hopefully get some feedback... :ugeek: Our company was one of t...

Gyro sensors.....lets go EEG

Hello all, would love to take this idea on for a debate. Lets imagine having Emotiv combined with the Oculus. My thoughts about the gyro incorporated into the Oculus are up in the air. I seem to have a hard time envisioning any gamer wanting to turn ...

bakersean by Honored Guest
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

PrioVR Kickstarter Relaunch (Funded!!!)

Last August we tried launching the Kickstarter but didn't get to our funding goal. We didn't stop working on the project and have now relaunched showing more advanced prototypes of the PrioVR system and more interactive demos.https://www.kickstarter....

Developing without a rift

Hello,I´m working at a University sharing a rift with 2 other people.Actually we´re working as hardware designers and thus not so comfortable in C++ prograimming.How do we have to initialize the OVR to be able to use the shaders but without connectio...

UE4 + Oculus Rift + HTML5

Hey all,I'm not a UE4 licensee yet, so can't join the licensees-only forum.I have read that UE4 can build HTML5 apps, and that UE4 can support Oculus Rift. Does anyone know if there's support to build HTML5 apps which support Oculus Rift?I'm intrigue...

kingtut by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenGL render setup problem

Hey guys, I am 99% of the way to supporting the Rift in my OpenGL C++ engine but have come across a fundamental problem in how I am rendering the final scene. I am having trouble understanding which part of the transformation process is producing my ...

Oculus compatible with dx9 ??

Is there any reason I cant get a DX9 application to work with the oculus?I am worried about the oculus post process shaders. Do they use something only available in dx10+?thanks

Matlock by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Experimenting with perception

Once upon a time, before I had ever heard of Oculus, I was prototyping my own VR designs. My design was different from the amazing thing the Rift has become, but nonetheless while tinkering I learned all sorts of interesting things that carry over. T...

MN VR and HCI group 3/28 (and social 4/2)

I am starting a new workshop group for VR and HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) developers and tinkerers in Minnesota. All variety of VR, HCI and hardware hacking are fair game: Kinect, Leap, Intel depth cam, Sensus, touch interfaces, mocap, computer ...

zwendt by Honored Guest
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locomotion and VR - let's talk about control schemes

There are some promising technologies on the horizon which aim at brining physical motion into the VR world, however, unless Oculus announces their own product, we can reasonably estimate that those will be something of a niche market. That leaves us...

Why not put the camera on the oculus itself?

In stead of putting the camera on the desktop, why not put a camera or two on the oculus itself and put some kind of device on your desktop that sends out a bunch of IR dots all over the room to make markers?To me this seems like it would be a good s...

Viiwok - Virtual treadmill & reality simulator.

Hi all, I'm a young systems engineer from Spain with a passion for architecture, topography, surveilling, photogrammetry and gaming.In about 2 weeks I'll be launching an IndieGogo campaign (I'm european so I can't submit projects for KickStarter) for...

Attreyu by Honored Guest
  • 104 replies
  • 0 kudos