cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ovr_CreateTextureSwapChainGL fails with code -3000, logging a GL_INVALID_OPERATION

cubeleo
Honored Guest
Hello, I'm a Rift S C++ developer, on a custom engine written in GL running on NVidia GTX 1080 with fresh drivers and Windows 10.  Yesterday, Oculus software updated itself to 19.0.0.364.531 and my app started failing.  I updated to SDK 1.43 and the failure continued.  My app supports VR and non VR mode, by donning/doffing the headset.  I build and tear down swap chains on each don and doff respectively and this has been working for quite some time.

The new failure:

On every other donning of the headset, I get a failure in ovr_CreateTextureSwapChainGL that logs the following:
26/07 23:59:00.339 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
  Code: -3000 -- ovrError_Initialize
  System error: 1282 (502) -- GL_INVALID_OPERATION
  Description: OpenGLChronometer::glGenQueries
  OVRTime: 636648.848896
  Time: 2020-07-26 23:59:00 [339:861:200]

And then I receive an ovrResult of -3000.  If I leave the headset donned (using the proximity sensor), my app tries again a short time later to set up Oculus swap chains again, and this time it is successful and VR works great.  If I then doff, wait any length of time from 0 to several seconds, and don again, the same thing happens.  
1 REPLY 1

cubeleo
Honored Guest
Another piece of info--if I immediately call ovr_CreateTextureSwapChainGL again after the failure, it succeeds.