cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Access for Performance HUD Numbers

owenwp
Expert Protege
I am trying to figure out how to get programmatic access to the app tracking to mid-photon latency number in my application, as from past discussions with Oculus engineers that is the best number to use for overall performance that takes things like queue ahead and time/spacewarp into account.  It doesn't seem to be reported by your api directly, but I noticed that in Unreal you use GetFloatArray with some hardcoded property name strings to access some of the latency information, and I don't see any documentation for this.

Could we get a list of property name strings that we can use to get the various stats that you show in your HUD?
2 REPLIES 2

owenwp
Expert Protege
That appears to just be a list of the fields in the ovrPerfStatsPerCompositorFrame struct, and it doesn't seem to have all of the stats that are available in the HUD, such as performance headroom.  For example the Unreal integration has this line for displaying latency stats:

ovr_GetFloatArray(OvrSession, "DK2Latency", latencies, numOfEntries)

Are these other values accessible in some other way, or are they somehow calculated from the values in 
ovrPerfStatsPerCompositorFrame?  Is AppMotionToPhotonLatency the same as "App Tracking to Mid-Photon"?

owenwp
Expert Protege
Incidentally, I can't run the OculusDebugTool after home upgraded to 1.13, it says "Unable to connect to service, or an HMD isn't connected".  Tried multiple restarts, and got the latest PC sdk.