cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link Can't Find PC

Scarlett_Raven534
Honored Guest

I just got a new PC and it is VR-ready. When I try to connect my Quest 2 using air-link it gets stuck looking for the PC.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Scarlett_Raven534, thank you for reaching out to the community. We know how troublesome it is to have issues getting Air Link to connect to your PC, but we are here to assist you all that we can. Just to double check your PC meets our requirements for PCVR, please check this webpage out. Does Link via cable connect properly?

If everything checks out, please make sure the following are true for your setup:

• Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
  • Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)
  • Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m off the ground
  • Air Link works best with non-mesh network configuration (extenders)

You can also read more about setting up Air Link here as this article has some useful information pertaining to it. We hope this does the trick and don't hesitate to reach back out to us if any changes do or do not occur.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I'm having the same problem as the OP. I've followed all troubleshooting advice, and my hardware exceeds minimum requirements.

The context:
- The Oculus app is open on the PC, and I'm in the menu options where I'm trying to add the headset. I'm at the point in that process where it says to go into the headset and launch Air Link.
- In the headset, Quest Link is turned on in system settings.
- Air Link is turned on in the Quest Link menu.
- My PC name shows up under "Available PCs" in the Quest Link menu.

The problem:
- When I select my PC there, the PC name is replaced with "Searching for PCs" and a spinner, and stays like that forever.

My PC specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
16.0 GB
Windows 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

- I've verified that these specs exceed the Meta Quest Link Compatibility requirements given here: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/meta-quest-link-compat...
- The PC is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.
- The headset is connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz and reports excellent signal strength.
- The router is in the same room, in line of sight, and is 1m off the floor, as directed elsewhere in this and other threads.
- The headset worked successfully with Link cable, but I want to eliminate the cable.

Things I've tried:
- Reboot the PC, headset, and router.
- In the headset, forget and re-add the Wi-Fi network. (Though it hasn't had any troubles with Wi-Fi. I use it all the time.)
- On the PC, uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app. (Though it worked just fine with the Link cable.)

What is the next step?

Hey there @Akualoa! We see you're having issues with getting your headset connected to your PC using AirLink. This isn't the VR experience we want you to have, we'd love to help get this resolved for you! We appreciate you sharing the steps you've already tried, that helps us better determine the best course of action moving forward. At this time, we may need to take a closer look into what could be causing this issue for you, here's how you can gather your PC logs to send to our support team:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    1. The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your support ticket.

We look forward to getting this sorted out for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Will do! Thank you for the speedy reply!

EDIT: Support ticket created!

toddcarson.2023
Honored Guest
I will! I appreciate the prompt response.

EDIT: A support ticket has been opened!

ive tried evreything that was stated but it still dosent seem to be able to find my pc my oculus app and headset are up to date, im kind of late to this chat i hope you can still help me tho

Hey there, @nechDdose. We can definitely understand your concerns with the connectivity issues between your headset and PC. We'd be glad to help out however we can! Please reach out to us through the Meta Store Support website as we'll need to review your logs, then we'll be able to proceed from there. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?