cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change library install location

pixelplacement
Protege
Can the location of where apps install from the store be changed?  I have a smaller SSD as my OS drive and now I have 35 GB of Oculus content that I can't move but want to enjoy.
9 REPLIES 9

pixelplacement
Protege
Just found the support note that you CAN NOT change the install location.  This has to be a joke, right?  Congratulations on limiting purchases from me simply because I can't change the install location.

galopin
Heroic Explorer
The work around for the moment is to junction the folder after the install. They have a sticky note for it. And yes, they took a lot of shortcut in the design of the store, i am not even sure they looked at the other existing ones to gather ideas. If they looked at Steam, they would have spot the kind of important feature like that.

imspikey
Honored Guest
This is one of the strangest software design decisions in the 21 century???!!!
If they have asked any developer he would have kindly wrote them 3 line of code max to enable install on other directories but guess they have their reasons which is ??!!!!

DragonGeo2
Explorer
They're working on fixing it. The fix is supposed to be released within another week or two, so just be patient.

playerzklubvrst
Honored Guest
This sucks 😞  Having to buy an Oculus unit but not enough space (C) on my drive to even download my very first free game-Lucky's Tale.  Please help soon on a fix before this unit becomes a display and collect dust. Worst case scenerio is resell unit for the Vive if no fix by the end the month.  Help!!!!

gateswork
Honored Guest
has this been resolved yet?

delphinius81
Rising Star
Yes. But you will have to take some precautions to preserve saved data for your apps. See the backup app support page for more information. After making the backup, you will have to uninstall the oculus app and then reinstall it to select a new install location.

delphinius81
Rising Star
Yes. But you will have to take some precautions to preserve saved data for your apps. See the backup app support page for more information. After making a backup, you will need to uninstall the oculus app and then reinstall to select a different location. Once you select this new location, however, you will not be able to change it without redoing the described steps.

haapavuo
Protege
This sucks...