cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash encountered a fatal error please reload dash to continue

poorbilly
Explorer
After the update two days ago my originally working well rift s encountered this problem. it requires me to reload the dash over and over. I did some tweaks and then my left controlled suddenly lost tracking, but the message of letting me reload the dash changed from popping up every 1 second to every 10 seconds. I had reinstalled the driver and unplug the cables but those didn't work. Sorry for my bad English.
6 REPLIES 6

poorbilly
Explorer
I had problems with my oculus rift and never get it to work perfectly. my new rift s did worked fine for a week and this problem happens. I sincerely felt desperate and needed help

jakob091
Explorer
I have the very same problem with this annoying window. Also, the screen is filled with dozens and dozens of black squares inside the menu and in the games I managed to launched so it's impossible to play. It seems the software is getting worse instead of improving.

poorbilly
Explorer

jakob091 said:

I have the very same problem with this annoying window. Also, the screen is filled with dozens and dozens of black squares inside the menu and in the games I managed to launched so it's impossible to play. It seems the software is getting worse instead of improving.

i fix it by using vpn because oculus and Facebook are actually blocked here in China. The problem is clearly caused by the network. I didn’t get black squares though. So our problem might not be the same

jakob091
Explorer
Ok thanks for your reply! Sometimes I get a green screen filled with noise in it, sometimes the dozens of tiny black screens inside the menu, some other times the "dash encountered a fatal error please reload dash to continue" window over the menu.. I regret purchasing this as I had more time dealing with issues than I had good times with it after two years and I barely touched it because of this.

Mo-Ritz
Honored Guest
So. Has anyone been contacted yet about this being fixed. And I’ve done a lot to try and get this fatal error fixed. I restarted. Did an update on my graphics card. Repaired oculus. Deleted the devicecache.json file. That worked one time. And now I can’t even get the main menu to pop up because it wants me to continue setup in VR. And nothing is working. Help please and perhaps an answer about it being fixed. Thank you kindly. 

Marco_rn
Honored Guest
Oculus Dash rolls up all of Rift’s menus and UI into a central hub that is instantly accessible from anywhere within the VR experience. Dash runs as an overlay inside your current VR experience, so you’ll be able to quickly switch from one application to the next.