cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately looking for a OS X Oculus runtime

lugduweb
Explorer
Hello, after a year making VR games with Oculus Rift on PC/Windows, I've bought a brand new Macbook Pro 15 and can't find any oculus runtime for it.
As I had installed a version on a old Macbook 13 I thought it was still available but support seems to have been stopped since a few versions. :shock:

I'm quite disappointed as I've bought a powerful Macbook which is quite expensive for developing VR apps on OS X and it's seems it's not possible any more (I don't want to believe it). I can't even find an old runtime so I could use my helmet with old OS X stuff.
Could someone help ?

Here a the specs of my MacBook Pro, I think it would work OK.
Display: 2800x1800
GPU: NVIDIA 750M
CPU: i7 2.3GHz
Mem: 16GB
7 REPLIES 7

jherico
Adventurer
Go to https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/

From the left dropdown select "Platform: PC"

From the right dropdown select "0.5.0.1-Beta"

Runtime and SDK for OSX should appear.

lugduweb
Explorer
Thanks a lot, I'm downloading the files right now !

FUNmvallance
Honored Guest
Not there now.

Any other link for Mac users please?

I know Oculus is not now supporting Mac & Linux but I still have a SDK2 kit which is useable on my Mac BUT I want to install on my new Mac Pro. Or should I ask Oculus for a refund?

OSX download link please.

kojack
MVP
MVP
"FUNmvallance" wrote:
Not there now.

Yes it is. Follow jherico's instructions above.
Platform: PC, Version 0.5.0.1 beta (last version to support osx). That's where the osx sdk and runtime are.

creepytennis
Honored Guest
"FUNmvallance" wrote:
Or should I ask Oculus for a refund?

You wont get anywhere with that viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25463 😞

victorvisor
Honored Guest
 I urgently need Oculus Rift DK2 runtime for os x  (0.5.0.1-beta) but now oculus download page has changed and I am afraid it is not available for download. 
Anyone has an alternative link to download it or can send me the runtime in a private message?

Dizzit
Honored Guest
omg, when will we get OS X support!? My Mac has 64GB of RAM and a Nvidia GTX 980-Ti. I got the power, just need the software! Come on Oculus and get something out there for us to download or I am switching to Vive