cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame loss capture tool causing frame loss?

ODIAKGames
Sightseer
As the title says when I activate the frame loss capture tool (Ver 1.35.00) it uses around 26% of my CPU, this is causing frame loss.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I am trying to validate my build before I submit to the store but because this tool is so processor heavy I am getting false readings, if I have someone watch the task manager and resource monitor in windows while I play, I average 50% cpu usage with short spikes on loading of 75%, gpu sits under 50% at all times.  It feels butter smooth, but with the frame loss capture tool running it jumps and stutters.

q0zwh3v9abvb.png
1 REPLY 1

owenwp
Expert Protege
You should probably use the performance hud for validation instead, as it doesn't add any extra instrumentation and just looks at the compositor statistics. The frame loss capture tool is more for diagnosing frame losses you already know about.
The hud also has a nice frame drop indicator mode for just showing an "F" in the corner of the screen whenever a frame is dropped, so you can identify areas that need a closer look without having a bunch of stats in your face all the time.