cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use MSAA in an OpenGL app. SDK 1.3.2

villain749
Explorer
I am currently using SDK 1.3.2 to develop desktop apps in OpenGL. I would like to implement MSAA, because my renders are looking pretty chunky. In the old days we used to make our own eye FBO's and link them up, nowadays the SDK is doing it all that internally, when you call "ovr_CreateTextureSwapChainGL" you pass it a description:

typedef struct ovrTextureSwapChainDesc_
{
    ovrTextureType      Type;
    ovrTextureFormat    Format;
    int                 ArraySize;      ///< Only supported with ovrTexture_2D. Not supported on PC at this time.
    int                 Width;
    int                 Height;
    int                 MipLevels;
    int                 SampleCount;    ///< Current only supported on depth textures
    ovrBool             StaticImage;    ///< Not buffered in a chain. For images that don't change
    unsigned int        MiscFlags;      ///< ovrTextureFlags
    unsigned int        BindFlags;      ///< ovrTextureBindFlags. Not used for GL.
} ovrTextureSwapChainDesc;

The description clearly states that "SampleCount;    ///< Current only supported on depth textures"
So does this mean you cannot use MSAA for color eye render targets? When I tried anything other than 1 I get the error
"Failed to create texture."
Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

villain749
Explorer
Sorry that ""Failed to create texture." error is not coming from the oculus SDK, it is our wrapper, but it does fail when ovr_CreateTextureSwapChainGL is called