cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Staff] Steam Builds not working

GroundControlGa
Explorer
Hey guys, I have a quick question for you regarding Oculus under Steam.

I have a Oculus game made with unity that is compiling and running just fine (both with DK2 and CV1), it is set for Runtime 1.6 and all is fine and dandy.

However when I build it for Steam, the only way to launch the game is directly though the .exe on the folder, any of the Steam launchers won't work (returns "Headset not compatible" error).

Now, I know you guys have nothing to do with Steam's shannanigans, but:
  • Are there any issues between Oculus builds and Steam I should be aware of?
  • Is this a documented situation by you guys? Is there a procedure for this on your end?
  • Does anyone found any similar situations?
Thank you in advance for the help on this!

And please let me know if there are further questions.
8 REPLIES 8

GroundControlGa
Explorer
No ideas or suggestions on this?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure about this. Maybe some issue with SteamVR?

GroundControlGa
Explorer
I'm not using SteamVR components at the moment, this is a simple Unity Oculus build. It works OK if I just click the .exe, however if I try to lauch the app via Steam, all hell breaks loose 😞

GroundControlGa
Explorer
Any ideias or suggestions on what can be causing this or how to fix it?

cybereality
Grand Champion
If the exe runs by itself, then the Oculus SDK should be working. If you get some sort of error message when launching from Steam, that sounds to me like a Steam issue. Where does it look like the error message is coming from?

GroundControlGa
Explorer
On my opinion it seems like something related with the Steam Launcher or whatever wrap they make to executables. I have configured everything on their end, paths, frameworks, that it should use on launch (Oculus), etc., no dice. I also have no error logs on Unity as well. This is really baffling 😞

sh0v0r
Protege
I haven't had this issue however I don't use SteamWorks DRM.

GroundControlGa
Explorer
So, thank you all for the help. Turned out it was a steam setup issue, it is fixed now 🙂

Mods, feel free to close this one down please 😉