cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positional timewarp layer (ovrLayerEyeFovDepth)

Rajveer
Explorer
I'm finally migrating from 0.8.0.0 to 1.4.0 and have realised that the ovrLayerEyeFovDepth layer has been removed. There are still references to it and positional timewarp projection information (line 580 in OVR_CAPI.h) but the actual layer has been removed in ovrLayerType. Since the layer definitions after it haven't had their values shifted to compensate and there isn't a comment such as the one on line 1396 for the removed layer ovrLayerType_QuadHeadLocked, I'm wondering if this is something temporary (so I'll comment my positional timewarp stuff out), or if it's permanent (so I'll just get rid of it). I think positional timewarp was under development when I implemented it so I'm not sure of it's current state, but any advice would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

galopin
Heroic Explorer
When i dump the shaders in the service, the positional timewarp version exists in there. But i would be surprise they give a shit ^^

Positional time warp is not easy to start with, does not work well with translucents, would need a motion vector surface for proper dynamic object tracking…

You are probably not a lot out there to maintain a depth for it in your pipeline and seeing an improvement over the rotational only version.

Rajveer
Explorer
Hmm interesting; since it's not been fully eradicated from the SDK and their shaders, I'll leave it commented out with notes for now since it's just a few blocks, and probably get rid of it in the future. Thanks!