cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sixense Stem/Decoupled Aiming

ChieferSutherla
Honored Guest
Will 5-Tracker Stem Bundle Enable Decoupled Aiming; if yes, for what titles?! Will the Stem enable decoupled aiming in ALL PC titles or just the ones specifically made for the Stem? Also, I see that it's backwards compatible with the Hydra, but I don't see any aiming going on when I watch hydra gameplay vids on YouTube...so will they "add" to the support of these games or merely stating that you can use the Stem the same way the Hydra worked with said titles, in other words, mere tilt recognitions & degree angle BS.
3 REPLIES 3

MikeF
Trustee
two trackers should be sufficient for 1 hand + hmd decoupling. It will still be up to the developer to implement the sixense API though so dont expect any out of the box compatibility with any existing titles

owenwp
Expert Protege
The only out of the box support would be through Motion Creator, which maps motions to mouse axis and button presses. It cannot modify the way the game itself handles aiming. We provide easy tools for full body tracking, but these involve totally different gameplay design.

konstantin_loze
Explorer
ArmA has built-in support for FreeTrack and decoupled aiming. You could still potentially transfer some of the iron sights aiming from the Rift to the STEM, but that is no decoupled aiming.
See this for examplehttps://www.youtube.com/playlist ... r15ahjDdIY