cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Lab and Oculus API not working. "Error: Must call get_signature first (1971051)"

lebolay
Level 2
Does anyone know how to access the Oculus API for App Lab apps?  In previous games I've published via Oculus, what I'd do is I'd upload a build to one of the ALPHA/BETA channels, and then add my Oculus account to it so that it was in my Oculus library.  This way, when inside of Unity, I would be able to pull in Oculus API data.

However, now with App Labs, there's no channels to upload to, and it seems like when I upload the build, it appears to be like I'm uploading it to be publicly available, but really I only want to upload it to a non-public channel so that I can continue my Oculus API integrations.  (I'm not sure if this is true, but there's no indication when I submit my application if it will be public or private or unlisted).

To provide some code context, I know this code snippet below works because when I put another App ID of another Oculus game I previously published, I'm able to grab Oculus API data (e.g. GetOrgScopedID()), but if I use my new Oculus App Lab App ID, I get this error in the console:

error: Must call get_signature first (1971051)
Here is the code that I run when the application starts.  Reminder that this works when using a previously published App ID, but doesn't work with an App Lab App ID.

void SignInToOculus() {
Core.AsyncInitialize().OnComplete(message => {
if (!message.IsError) {
Users.GetLoggedInUser().OnComplete((msg) => {
if (msg.IsError) {
print("error: " + msg.GetError().Message); // error message above originates from here
Invoke("InitializeOculusInfo", 10);
} else {

Users.GetOrgScopedID(msg.GetUser().ID).OnComplete((msg2) => {
if (msg2.IsError) {
print("error: " + msg2.GetError().Message);
Invoke("InitializeOculusInfo", 10);
} else {
print("Logged in using Oculus");
}
});
}
});
}
});
}

Unity 2020.1.11f1
Oculus SDK can't seem to find the version number.  If it's relevant, please let me know where to find this.

Thank you in advance!
1 REPLY 1

bryan.dickson
Level 2

Is this possible?  Does AppLab have an API we can use to script deploys/releases?