cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entitlement check problems

SSZCanada
Honored Guest
I am going insane here with the circular logic of their entitlement checks.

Requires entitlement check within 10 seconds of starting.
OK np
Add check to first line of code. If failed close game.

Oculus Review - Game not playable crash on load...

Not unless you failed entitlement check.

Ok fine move checks to play game button. On fail turn button red and prevent the level from loading but don't force close.

Oculus review - Game is not playable after pressing play.

Start wondering if maybe you are insane then move the entitlement check back to start. Only print if passed or failed but do not stop them playing the game.

Oculus review - You did not stop them playing the game on security check fail....

Contact Oculus Support. Told to read the documentation. 

The documentation...

Verifying that the user is entitled to your app is required when you sell an app on the Oculus Store. This check verifies that the copy of your app was purchased legitimately. Once purchased, the user receives an entitlement for your app, which you can associate with a Custom Item as a reward.

The entitlement check does not require the user to be connected to the Internet. In the event of a failed check, you should handle the situation in your app. For example, show the user an error message and quit the app. A failed entitlement check won’t result in any action on its own.

So my question is... How am I supose to stop the game without stopping the game?
4 REPLIES 4

vartech
Explorer
bump

FocusVRGames
Adventurer
Hi

I handle entitlement checks in the following way and it's been approved 4 times.

On menu/main screen load check to see if user is entitled.

If not entitled I hide the main menu and replace it with text saying "User is not entitled to play this game" and display a Quit button.

Hope that helps
Mike

tasfunk
Protege

Hi

I handle entitlement checks in the following way and it's been approved 4 times.

On menu/main screen load check to see if user is entitled.

If not entitled I hide the main menu and replace it with text saying "User is not entitled to play this game" and display a Quit button.

Hope that helps
Mike

How do we check to see if this is happening?  In other words, how do we launch our app without the entitlement to verify the process is actually functioning correctly

FocusVRGames
Adventurer
You could simply temporarily change the entitlement check to return false. That will allow you to check the functionality.