cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HOW-TO] ovr-platform-tool.exe example / walk-through

AlanOToole
Adventurer
Hey everyone!

I decided to record a quick video explaining how to use the ovr-platform-tool.exe utility to upload builds. This tool is very useful, and in my opinion, much faster to use than going to the website and uploading a build there.

Please let me know what you think, any feedback is welcomed. I also hope this helps someone out!

11 REPLIES 11

AlanOToole
Adventurer

Hi,

Thank you for this wonderful contribution to our forums.

Hey,

No problem at all, I'm glad to be able to help out with this great community! 

dormakaba_mea
Honored Guest
Hi, Great tutorial, any idea how to use ovr-platform-util on mac ?

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@"dormakaba.mea" Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums! The following steps should help you in how to launch the CLI tool on Mac:

1. Open terminal and cd to location of file

2. Type chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util

3. Run tool by typing ./ovr-platform-util plus desired function.

We are working to get these instructions into our documentation.

If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!

KeithMyers
Honored Guest
Hi, I have followed along and I cannot get this to work.  Is there any news on the documentation for this?  I am trying to upload for mobile using the video and the page: https://dashboard.oculus.com/tools/cli/

All I get is: 'ovr-platform-util' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.'

AlanOToole
Adventurer

myerpheus said:

Hi, I have followed along and I cannot get this to work.  Is there any news on the documentation for this?  I am trying to upload for mobile using the video and the page: https://dashboard.oculus.com/tools/cli/

All I get is: 'ovr-platform-util' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.'

Hi @myerpheus

That sounds like you're not in the same directory as the downloaded ovr-platform-util tool itself.

When you open a command prompt, what does it say on the left near the C: part? You'll need to run a command like this:

cd c:\path\to\the_folder_where_ovr_tool_is\

Another trick is to open the folder where ovr-platform-util is downloaded, hold left-shift and right click. Do you see "open command prompt here"?

Thanks!
-Alan

tharun15
Honored Guest

leqcu8tbb988.png6c378r73lo6s.png

-bash: ./ovr-platform-util: No such file or directory

Its in the desktop and I tried ls command and the application is listing . But none of the below command works in iMac terminal

MAC:Desktop user$ chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util

chmod: ./ovr-platform-util: No such file or directory

MAC:Desktop user$ ./ovr-platform-util

tharun15
Honored Guest

AlanOToole
Adventurer

tharun15 said:

leqcu8tbb988.png6c378r73lo6s.png

Its in the desktop and I tried ls command and the application is listing . But none of the below command works in iMac terminal

MAC:Desktop user$ chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util

chmod: ./ovr-platform-util: No such file or directory

MAC:Desktop user$ ./ovr-platform-util

Hi @@tharun15 

That error sounds like you may not be in the same folder as your download or you did not extract that download yet. Can you double click on that download, on your desktop, and see if it opens up. 

If so, you'll want to run a terminal in there with that command above.

See if you can double click and open that up. Let me know!

Thanks!
Alan

guerillaspectre
Honored Guest
Hi there Legends! 
I'm trying to upload a build file from my mac.. Terminal opened from the file that the command line utility is saved to.. I write the following command: 

./ovr-platform-util upload-rift-build -a 123456 -s 123456 -d /Users/namemcnameface/Desktop -l Build_2.1.3.zip -v 1.1 -c alpha

... but keep getting message ERROR: Launch file /Users/namemcnameface/Desktop/Build_2.1.3.zip can not be launched on Windows platform...

any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

best,

TRT