cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Room Debugger with UE4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everybody,
i build up quite a few SubsystemNull apps in the past and now im trying to make it happen via the oculus matchmaking.
Followed the whole documentation, looked up templates and read trough forums, but i feel i need a little help here!

So i created a matchmaking pool, updated the configs, set up the plugins.
Creating a session via the oculus create session bp node. Added the poolname to it. Right afterwards it opens up the map as a listen server.

So my tought is that now the room debugger should show me the room? Where do i get the room id from?
The number in the url at dashboard.oculus.com is that my oculus id? Using that in the debugger never finds anything.

Since the mp development is really difficult in testing, i tought i might get the debugger working first before i try to find problems on the connecting side.

Using U4.18.2 trough the Launcher - if any logs or screenshots help, please tell me!
Thanks so much
1 REPLY 1

Fredrum
Expert Protege
Start by entering the Oculus ID of the player who started a session.
Not sure if you can get that through a browser I get it using the Unreal blueprint nodes.
Once you do that, and a room have been successfully created (after a little while, do refresh the browser), a room id will appear on the browser page. Beware it doesn't appear straight away so you might have to refresh the page a couple of times. Usually took 5-10 seconds for me.
When you have the roomID in the browser then you can click on that to open a new browser page and see the different other player's who might also join the room.