cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room invite notifications, when are they removed?

robocat
Honored Guest
Hi,

I'm implementing in-app handling of pending invites, and it seems the notifications for a room I had already joined (and left again) are still returned in the invite notifications callback. The documentation just states the callback returns "pending invites", but I couldn't find details on when an invite is removed from the list (i'd expect that to happen as soon as the room is joined?)

Can anyone enlighten me here? Thanks!

Here's the call in Unity: Notifications.GetRoomInviteNotifications().OnComplete(GetRoomInviteNotificationsCallback);

-Kolja

5 REPLIES 5

charles_beyer
Protege
Hey robocat.  There isn't an automatic callback, you'll need to poll.  There is an example in the Unity SDK sample, VrVoiceChat.  Look in RoomManager.cs for: #region Polling for Invites

robocat
Honored Guest
Hey Charles, polling invitations works fine, I am actually working off the VrVoiceChat sample. I just found that I  get "stale" invitations that I had already accepted, when polling for the same room later on. I couldn't find any explanation in the docs about when invites are supposed to disappear, hence my question.

charles_beyer
Protege
ahh, got it.  try calling the ovr_Notification_MarkAsRead method.  that is missing from the VrVoiceChat app.  I haven't seen that method in the docs yet, but it exists in the references: https://developer3.oculus.com/documentation/platform/latest/sdk-reference/request-notification-mark-as-read/

robocat
Honored Guest
That looks extremely helpful! Thanks Charles!

BobScott
Protege
How does someone using UE4 get access to the notificationID necessary to make the call to ovr_Notification_MarkAsRead?