Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with VOIP / Microphone

ToTheTopVR
Explorer
On Unity 2017.4.1f1 with platform SDK 1.28:

1) I can't seem to mute the microphone
ovr_Voip_SetMicrophoneMuted doesn't seem to do anything.  No matter what I pass, ovr_Voip_GetSystemVoipMicrophoneMuted always returns VoipMuteState.Unmuted.
If I mute the microphone using dash, I still get a result of VoipMuteState.Unmuted.

2) Setting the microphone filter callback doesn't seem to work
calling either ovr_Voip_SetMicrophoneFilterCallback or ovr_Voip_SetMicrophoneFilterCallbackWithFixedSizeBuffer with a callback function - my callback function never gets hit.

I've checked that the microphone is outputting sound via windows sound settings, but I don't see an option to check microphone output in Oculus settings.
3 REPLIES 3

ToTheTopVR
Explorer
Hi Imperativity, thanks for the reply! - I switched tasks over to Achievements and Leaderboards for the past couple of days, so I'll need to gather some more info for you, however:

I only have one game project right now - I'll try again with the samples and let you know.

I haven't upgraded to 2018.2, however, is the SDK integration different for 2018.2 (i.e. the newest integration for platform services I see is 1.28)?  The upgrade from 2017.4 to 2018 is substantial, and I'd like to not introduce more risk at this point into the project if I don't have to.  That being said, I'll give it a shot and let you know.

I'll grab some logs for you to look at.

Thanks again!

ToTheTopVR
Explorer
Hi, an update now that I'm back on working on VOIP support for our game - I was able to get VOIP working fine using the sample code in my current version of Unity (2017.4.1f1) - the only thing that I can see that I'm doing differently in my game is that after the VOIP connection is started, there is a scene change - I found that if I test for audio immedately after VOIP connection is established and before the scene change I can hear audio in both headsets - but after the scene change occurs audio stops playing (I'm still getting OnAudioFilterRead callbacks from the engine audiosource component, but the data received from ovr_Voip_GetPCMFloat is always an array of floats that are 0).

Still digging.

ToTheTopVR
Explorer
OK - I found it - it was a problem with game data - there was some uninitialized data that was being read in after the level is loaded which was being used to mute the microphone on the player.  Because of course.

Thanks for the help imperativity - going back into the samples let me find a couple of other things as well!