cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized message type 1783209300

Rikhta
Honored Guest
Hi,

I use the version 1.16 of Platform SDK and when I try to invite one User with : 
Rooms.InviteUser("RoomID", "InviteToken").OnComplete(InviteUserCallback);

The invited user have this message :
"Unrecognized message type 1783209300"

And the function :
Notifications.GetRoomInviteNotifications().OnComplete(GetRoomInviteNotificationsCallback);
Have no message...

Any idea?

Thanks !
7 REPLIES 7

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Forums.

Are you using Unity, if so which version are you using? Also can you provide a copy of your project, or a sample of your implementation to aid us in debugging this issue?
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

Rikhta
Honored Guest
Hi,

I use Unity 5.6.1p1 with the Social Starter demo project.

To find the invitable users, I use :
Rooms.GetInvitableUsers().OnComplete(InvitableUsersCallback);
And to invite :
Rooms.InviteUser("roomID", "inviteToken").OnComplete(InviteUserCallback);
-- If the user is already in the application, I use this to get the notification :
Notifications.GetRoomInviteNotifications().OnComplete(GetRoomInviteNotificationsCallback);
But I don't have notification callback (just the oculus popup), just the error message 1783209300

-- If the user is no in the application and join the application via the invitation in Oculus Room, it works.

+++ EDIT

I try to use :
Rooms.LaunchInvitableUserFlow("RoomID");

Instead of :

Rooms.InviteUser("roomID", "inviteToken").OnComplete(InviteUserCallback);
But I have the same error...

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Ok, do you have a log file of when you get this error? A complete sample of your project would be helpful in debugging this.
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

sergio_vl
Honored Guest
I had the same problem, any solution?

Unity 2017.2
Oculus platform 1.19

Kdragos
Protege
I'm seeing something similar in the social starter scene. Was there a fix for it? 
Unity 2017.3.
Oculus Platform 1.19.

Kdragos
Protege
@imperativity  as soon as I get back from vacation, I'll work on getting that information to you. I've done the "check for upgrades" thing from within Unity, but I guess it didn't work. I'll try deleting the old version and importing the newest. Thanks for pointing that out. 🙂  

Kdragos
Protege
@imperativity I was using the Oculus Integration package from the Unity asset store. That is still at 1.19. I removed it and used the latest one. Things are working as they should now. Thanks. 🙂