cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ovr_PlatformInitializeAndroid always returns ovrPlatformInitialize_Uninitialized

Stepha
Honored Guest
Hi,

I am trying to initialized the Platform SDK through a call to ovr_PlatformInitializeAndroid but the function always returns ovrPlatformInitialize_Uninitialized.

I have uploaded a build on the Oculus Store and I use the provided ID for application identifier.

What is the meaning of ovrPlatformInitialize_Uninitialized?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Mitnainartinari
Protege
I just encountered that problem now, I don't know if your's is due to the same problem (you've probably fixed it by now). I found out I was not logged in through the Oculus app, although I don't remember ever logging out. I found out because I had a call to ovr_Entitlement_GetIsViewerEntitled which was failing, so I called ovr_Error_GetMessage(ovr_Message_GetError(msg)) on the ovrMessageHandle (msg), which told me I wasn't logged in. I had a problem with an app review where the screen I display for failed entitlements was popping up and preventing the game from starting, I never found out the reason for it, but a subsequent submission didn't have that problem. I don't know if that was the same problem that showed up in the app review or not.

Edit: I just realized that I had almost immediately prior to the problem logged in to the same account on a separate device. I'll see if I can reproduce the logout tomorrow.

dganzella
Honored Guest
For anyone struggling with this, it took me two days to figure out:

You HAVE to upload an alpha build to the oculus website for it to start to work. And if you are using unreal, you need to set it to shipping, and also on package settings, turn on the checkbox "for distribution"

after that you dont need to upload more builds, it will start to work when debugging.

nachilau
Honored Guest
Hello dganzella,

Thanks for the information, but can you let me know what exactly need to upload to the oculus website? On Oculus website, I have my app uploaded exactly what you described for Unreal. I then add the Oculus Online Subsystem support in my local build. I download the build from the Oculus store and installed on the phone. Then I deploy my local build with the online subsystem support to the phone too. When I run my local build on the phone, I still got the ovrPlatformInitialize_Uninitialized error.

From you experience, do you mean you had uploaded a build with Oculus Online subsystem support to the Oculus server first, and then download it back to the phone? And then deploy the debug version on the phone again?

Thanks for advance,