cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air link for Unity development

tom.leylan
Level 4

I have absolutely no issue setting up air link, connecting it to my PC and launching it BUT... it does seem to time out after a few minutes and reverts back to my Quest 2 home. Is this due to inactivity or something? And is there a setting that I might change?

It is a bit annoying when I'm making multiple edits and I hear a "bing" from the headset and I know it just disconnected again.

2 REPLIES 2

tom.leylan
Level 4

I thought I should mention that I don't seem to have the disconnection issue anymore. And I'll offer a tip that could come in handy for others.

If the air link connection becomes flakey and the computer isn't connecting (I think it occurs when the Oculus app is already running on the PC) I use a simple method to reset the connection without messing about.

Create a batch file, I named mine RestartOculus.bat and place the following two lines in it:

sc stop OVRService
sc start OVRService

Save it, create a shortcut and set it to run as Adminstrator.

If for some reason your Quest doesn't successfully connect with your PC run that batch file and it will connect a few seconds later.

Oops,  I thought I should mention that I don't seem to have the disconnection issue anymore.  I spoke too soon. So it still times out. Not hard to connect again but perhaps it wouldn't need to time-out quite so quickly.