cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Permissions

vartech
Explorer
Hello,

I am trying to connect to a Bluetooth device on the Quest 2 through my Unity application. Whenever I launch the application I get a debug error message of not having the required Bluetooth permission. I have made sure that I include these permissions in the manifest, however it seems to not prompt for access. Is there a work around to allow Bluetooth permissions on the Quest 2?

Thanks,
Tim
5 REPLIES 5

vartech
Explorer
bump

vartech
Explorer
Any support at all?

oculus-papa
Explorer

I also need an answer.

andriuspa
Honored Guest

Hello,

Bluetooth permission does not show a prompt, as it is not considered a "dangerous" permission in the Android OS. The reason why the permission is not granted is that since version 1.5.0 the Oculus XR Plugin removes the BLUETOOTH permission during builds: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.oculus@1.8/changelog/CHANGELOG.html?&_ga=2.82307798.1...

What you have to do is either downgrade the plugin to version 1.4.3, or modify Packages/Oculus XR Plugin/Editor/OculusBuildProcessor.cs script, commenting the line #434. This line removes the BLUETOOTH permission from the manifest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a simular problem and could solve it with the try to "pair" the special device first, even it isn't a possible device to pair. After trying, a window opened (don't remember if directly or on new try to use our unity-app) with location-rights. Allowing it works foe me.