Edit: Latest version still not working
Version: 33.0.0.46.367.328965050
OS Version: user-19130100108500000

Edit2: Latest version still not working
Version: 34.0.0.91.366.316373824
OS Version: user-20169900217500000

Edit3: Latest version now working
Version: 42.....

But not working with handtracking. Confirm screen has it disabled and cannot do anything untill user picks up a controller and confirms/denies it.

has a new bug (was working in previous version 31.1....) and is working fine on other devices with android 10

The new bug is with asking for screen capture permission, If an app asks for it, exception is thrown.

This should be working, there is no other way to get the required permission for screenCapture / recording

private final ActivityResultLauncher<Intent> resultLauncher = registerForActivityResult

MediaProjectionManager mediaProjectionManager = (MediaProjectionManager) getSystemService(MEDIA_PROJECTION_SERVICE);
resultLauncher.launch(mediaProjectionManager.createScreenCaptureIntent());

throws

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.media.MediaProjectionPermissionActivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
        at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:2056)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1716)
        at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:5211)
        at androidx.activity.ComponentActivity.startActivityForResult(ComponentActivity.java:574)
        at androidx.core.app.ActivityCompat.startActivityForResult(ActivityCompat.java:234)
        at androidx.activity.ComponentActivity$2.onLaunch(ComponentActivity.java:208)
        at androidx.activity.result.ActivityResultRegistry$2.launch(ActivityResultRegistry.java:166)
        at androidx.activity.result.ActivityResultLauncher.launch(ActivityResultLauncher.java:47)

Any suggestions? Or is my only option to hope they fix it in another version?

45 REPLIES 45

vit.hlavacek
Protege

Still nothing usefull, basicly some support person googled the exception, found first reply on google which is absolutely out of context and replied with it.

ynkfish
Protege

No reply from oculus developer support yet 😞 

I tried via Oculus for Business support, they replied but can't help with bugs on commercial quest OS. Currently tickets are pending due to labor day holiday as well..

ArcueidDathemon
Explorer

Bump

limatemple
Explorer

Any updates here from Oculus? Has anyone found a potential fix/workaround? 

Any update?

vit.hlavacek
Protege

No nothing since last email with support on September the 3rd

omg, facebook as usual very slow in some important cases 😓

The last (and first) reply I got was:

"If you are an Oculus for Business ISV partner, we recommend you work with the Oculus for Business team for further technical support."

OfB support can't help here since their devices aren't affected (yet) since they are still on OS v28.
This is the worst support I've ever experienced. Nothing useful or just silence..

Yeah, same... Any way, I hope they will fix it soon(

vit.hlavacek
Protege

Oculus release new update V33, but dont bother, still not fixed (https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/pnzzqb/v33_megathread/)

Version: 33.0.0.46.367.316373824
OS Version: user-19130100108500000