Edit: Latest version still not working
Version: 33.0.0.46.367.328965050
OS Version: user-19130100108500000

Edit2: Latest version still not working
Version: 34.0.0.91.366.316373824
OS Version: user-20169900217500000

Edit3: Latest version now working
Version: 42.....

But not working with handtracking. Confirm screen has it disabled and cannot do anything untill user picks up a controller and confirms/denies it.

has a new bug (was working in previous version 31.1....) and is working fine on other devices with android 10

The new bug is with asking for screen capture permission, If an app asks for it, exception is thrown.

This should be working, there is no other way to get the required permission for screenCapture / recording

private final ActivityResultLauncher<Intent> resultLauncher = registerForActivityResult

MediaProjectionManager mediaProjectionManager = (MediaProjectionManager) getSystemService(MEDIA_PROJECTION_SERVICE);
resultLauncher.launch(mediaProjectionManager.createScreenCaptureIntent());

throws

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {com.android.systemui/com.android.systemui.media.MediaProjectionPermissionActivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
        at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:2056)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1716)
        at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:5211)
        at androidx.activity.ComponentActivity.startActivityForResult(ComponentActivity.java:574)
        at androidx.core.app.ActivityCompat.startActivityForResult(ActivityCompat.java:234)
        at androidx.activity.ComponentActivity$2.onLaunch(ComponentActivity.java:208)
        at androidx.activity.result.ActivityResultRegistry$2.launch(ActivityResultRegistry.java:166)
        at androidx.activity.result.ActivityResultLauncher.launch(ActivityResultLauncher.java:47)

Any suggestions? Or is my only option to hope they fix it in another version?

45 REPLIES 45

ynkfish
Protege

I've contacted Oculus Community Manager @Ryanality to raise some attention to this issue, I hope it helps..

limatemple
Explorer

Any updates here? Has anyone heard back from Oculus as to whether this is a bug or policy decision? Has anyone found any workarounds?

ynkfish
Protege

No and no ☹️

ArcueidDathemon
Explorer

Bump

ynkfish
Protege

FYI, last I heard was on Sept 27th:

"Thank you for your patience, our engineering team is looking into this issue. I will let you know when we hear back."

"The Best" answer what we can receive. Why they do not provide any workarounds?(((

vit.hlavacek
Protege

Latest version still not working
Version: 34.0.0.91.366.316373824
OS Version: user-20169900217500000

no word from oculus, Anybody found a workaround?

ynkfish
Protege

No, our current workaround is migrating to Pico Neo 3...
Wherever you ask they'll say 'We'll check in with the team', but nothing useful follows.

Same but we hope pico adds hand tracking soon.

ynkfish
Protege

Finally getting some movement

ynkfish_0-1636106272663.png