cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize how Leaderboards appear in the Oculus Dash? [Bug?/Feature Request]

sean_vitei
Honored Guest
In a racing game, for example, it would be cool to be able to view the leaderboard in the Oculus dashboard and have the score show as times rather than scores. Right now, as far as I know, they must be represented as just an integer. e.g. the time 1:30:48 must be converted to a positive integer such as 13048, which is much harder for users to understand. 
Is there any way to change this?

Additionally, there is currently the ability to deep-link from the Leaderboard to the game. However, the most specific this gets is on a Leaderboard basis, so you couldn't, for example, challenge a specific user's ghost data from there since there's no way to send dynamic metadata based on which player's leaderboard entry is selected.
4 REPLIES 4

ecosky-oculus
Explorer
We recently added the ability to select a display option for the score, so if your score is in seconds we'll show it as a time rather than points. It's in the dashboard settings however after the team reviewed it they found a bug which should be fixed later today. As for the deep-linking to leaderboards, the most specific this gets is on a Leaderboard basis, so you couldn't, for example, challenge a specific user's ghost data from there since there's currently no way to send dynamic metadata based on which player's leaderboard entry is selected.

sean_vitei
Honored Guest
Awesome, thank you for the response! I will keep an eye out for that score option. 🙂

sean_vitei
Honored Guest
Hmmm... I enabled the score option, and it looks correct in the Oculus developer dashboard, but it still shows as points on the user-facing leaderboards. I tried changing the display type, clearing the entries, creating new leaderboards, etc. but it's always points. I think this is a bug, let me know if you know anything! 🙂 @ecosky-oculus

ecosky-oculus
Explorer
Sorry for the delay getting back to this. As it turns out, this feature is not working as intended and there isn't an ETA for the fix. I'll post here as soon as I have more information to share.