cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External object tracking

Smoothy101
Explorer

Now that the passthrough API is available I was hoping I could use it to scan a QR code or AR tag,

however, the camera layer is not available to us as developers, which I can understand but this limits so much on the AR front. Why wouldn't there be an option that asks this app can see your environment do you want to continue?
Rather than have it blocked by default.

To get to the point, what would be another way to track an external object? for example, I have a box in my real-world environment and would like to be able to track its position in-game. Are Bluetooth trackers an option?

Any ideas are welcome, the main goal is to translate a real-world object to an in-game position.

Greetings,

Smoothy101

5 REPLIES 5

Chester_7474
Protege

Meta please enable this QR code feature. I would like to stay with Meta/Oculus products.

jesse.clement
Honored Guest

Now that Quest Pro is here, it's certainly time to make this happen.  Anyone have any news

PercyFurry
Protege

Probably for "Privacy" (even though Facebook is known for doing the opposite) since the program could grab the image and upload it it seems like.

srFawlty
Explorer

Totally agree with you, Quest urgently needs a solution to locate external objects!

Wilmaster1
Honored Guest

Want to second this request.

We are working on shared MR experiences, but we need to: 1. support other HMDs, and 2. run the application offline.

While shared anchors are great, they are completely inaccessible for cross-platform compatible applications, and dependent on meta's cloud infrastructure for sharing anchors removing any possibility for offline applications.