cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature Request] Allow appps to be launched via intent-filters from Oculus Browser

julienkay
Adventurer
I think it would be great if the Oculus Browser would support launch intents: https://developer.android.com/guide/components/intents-filters
At least to my knowledge this isn't currently supported and app deep linking on Quest only works between apps, but not through a link displayed in a browser like on smartphones.
4 REPLIES 4

EnsureworX
Explorer
I need this too!

theZuckIsReptileman
Honored Guest

Did you find any solution to this?

Nope, sorry. Still don't know whether that's even supported or not. My hunch is though, that this might actually be technically possible and it's just one of those cases where there is little documentation and no one has figured it out on their own and written a blog post about it.

I did find a very hacky workaround for my usecase which means passing data back to an app from a browser page via the system clipboard, but that's not really the same thing as a launch intent of course.

I need this. oculus browser has limitation to read intent filter. How did you achieve that, i am stuck here for past 15 days.