cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand physics Capsules not following the fingers

gkapellmann
Honored Guest
Hello, 

So I have a working project with the new version 13, when I tick "Enable Physics Capsules" in OVR Skeleton script, inside the OVRHandPrefab, the capsules behave wired.

So, as soon as the hands are detected, the capsules appear basically at the tip of the selected fingers (this, through the InteractableToolsSDKDriver, and the InteractableToolsCreator script), but as soon as I move my fingers, the position of the capsules remain the same, it doesnt update the position in relation to the finger, but it travels with the whole hand. I wonder if there is a bug regarding the attached parent?

Then, if I hide the hands, as soon as they appear again the capsules appear in the correct position of the finger tip, just to stay there again when the finger moves.

I am guessing this is not the desired behavior, right?

Thank you!
20 REPLIES 20

fabio_galimbert
Honored Guest
Same problem, have you found any solutions?

matthieupoyade
Explorer
Same problem here. There does not seem to have such issue on the video tutorial. Anyone?

KLoOonal
Honored Guest
There is a work around for this issue.  You can go to Edit>Project Setting>Time  and change Fixed Timestep to 0.005 and Maximum Allowed Timestep  to 0.05  .  then everything work fine in sample scene

It probably screw up your project more if you use a lot of fixed update in the project. 

matthieupoyade
Explorer
@ KloOonal, it does not seem to work, at least for me.

gkapellmann
Honored Guest
Hmmmm.... it actually fixes the problem, but then, what are the implications? Is the fixed update too slow originally to move the rigidbody? 

Lemfn64
Honored Guest
Hi, I tried this fix and even added a Debug.Log to the update loop of skeletonRenderer and the OVRskeleton and the capsules still don't move. I have even decreased the fixed time step to 0.0005 and the max time step to 0.005 but still no movement of the capsules. Any other ideas?

Lemfn64
Honored Guest
I solved it by using the trains scene OVR Camara and Hands Manger. if after modifying your time step your bone capsules don't move try just using those two prefabs. 

I have the same problem and tried changing fixedupdate time but didn't work. Any solution?