cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Test Build over 2GB doesn't work - How to package game so it can have bigger size?

Arideus
Level 3

Noticing when finishing up our last levels that the builds no longer work after loading onto Quest. Seems to be a threshold after 2GB, but I see so many games above 2GB in the store. Curious how we can test our full game builds and package this correctly to be able to work on the quest 2 headset, our game will be around 2..8GB at the finish. 

Thank you in advance

best,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arideus
Level 3

Turned on Split Binary , didn't work with sidequest load, but when doing a build and run with cable it worked! Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Woody3D
Level 4

THere is a checkbox in Project Settings that says 'Allow OVersized APKs or something like that, Probab'y in Android/Advanced APK section...

Allows games bigger than 4GB... 

Thank you very much for this reply, Is this within Unity or the quest 2 has a setting? 

I thought it was an Unreal Engine forum and was answering regarding on Unreal, but the 4 GB limit is a common Android problem so Unity too probably has a checkbox in the Android or Android SDK project settings!  It will say over 4 gigs or it might say for a large or oversized files.

Ok thank you, I'm fishing for it in build settings to see if I can find it some where in Unity.

Does anyone know how to do this within Unity, Can't seem to find what Woody3D was talking about

Arideus
Level 3

Turned on Split Binary , didn't work with sidequest load, but when doing a build and run with cable it worked! Thanks for the help

jagersy
Level 2

gh