cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More unique active users than copies sold by nearly 30%?

blobworks
Explorer

Hello, I'm noticing something strange recently where I have nearly 30% more lifetime unique users than I have copies sold, should I be worried? Anyone knows how this may be possible? I've given out keys before, but fewer than 10 and from my understanding that does not contribute to the "copies sold" numbers anyway, even with refunds taken into account, which are less than 3%, I'm struggling to understand where this number could come from. Any insights would be appreciated, thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I worked out the reason for it in the end, as I suspected, it's piracy. Do have a search for your title on Chinese pirate sites, I found mine on 999vr.com 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

PuffyFluff
Protege

I've also suspected my unique players/day count was much higher than I would've thought

brusztli
Protege

My game has 370 copies sold, but the lifetime active unique users are 1300+
I don't understand it.

I worked out the reason for it in the end, as I suspected, it's piracy. Do have a search for your title on Chinese pirate sites, I found mine on 999vr.com 

brusztli
Protege

I found my game on this site...

My condolences, unfortunately there's really very little we can do about this. The fact that Beat Saber with all the DLCs are on there, so is Superhot etc, if the big boys can't do anything about it, we certainly won't be able to. Wear it as a badge of honour I guess 😉 If it makes you feel any better, it's not technically lost sales, even though these sites are "selling" our games, their audiences aren't able to access Facebook/Meta officially, so even if they wanted to, they wouldn't have been able to buy our games through proper channels anyway.